JOB TITLE: Staff Physician – Downtown Health Center
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
SALARY: Competitive with market industry.
DURATION: Open until filled
LOCATION: Position will be located at state of the art, indoor sports/event center to be opened October 2018. Located in Downtown Rocky Mount, NC.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine and completion of residency training.
- Current medical license to practice in North Carolina. Must be board-certified or board-eligible in one of the following specialties: Family practice, internal medicine, or pediatrics.
- >Urgent Care, Radiology, Physical Therapy.
Experience in urgent care environment preferred.
- Analyze and critique judgment mid-level providers;
- Manage clinic flow of patients and establish time management principles;
- Perform outpatient procedures;
- Work with volunteer Emergency Rescue squads; Articulate instructions to low-income patients; Multi-tasked; Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Critical Thinking;
- Problem Solving
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Staff Physician at Downtown Health Center (DHC) provides direct care services to patients within an urgent care environment. Injuries addressed will be those requiring immediate medical attention, but not serious enough to require an Emergency Department visit (such as various sports related injuries, etc.). Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
- Provides direct outpatient, urgent care services to patients.
- Provides after-hours phone consultation for established clinic patients as directed.
- Provides back-up and consultation for nursing staff, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, residents, medical students’ and other students.
- Prescribes medication utilizing clinic formulary for outpatients as feasible.
- Acts as the liaison with medical care resources when referral is needed and the medical director is not available.
- Requisitions on and off site lab and x-ray exams as needed.
- Assumes specified duties in the absence of the medical director.
- Participates in continuing education activities on and off site when appropriate and feasible.
- Participates in staff conferences to devise individual patient care plans, to revise and update clinic services, continuing quality improvement program and continuing education as appropriate.
- When there are no patients to be attended to, participates in patient related activities.
- Participates in other related activities affecting the clinic program (e.g. grant application requirements, committees, interviewing and orientation).
- Other duties as assigned.
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. OIC, Inc. recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.