Join Our Training Team
Case Manager – SOAR
JOB TITLE: Case Manager – SOAR
DEPARTMENT: Education Services
SALARY: $32,000 – $37,000 anually
DURATION: Open until 12/09/2018
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW), Psychology, Counseling, Criminology or a relate social/behavioral science field.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) provides distinct advantage
- 2-3 years experience in delivering case management services
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, from ex-offenders to public officials
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with MS Office applications and database use.
- Knowledge of criminal justice system and/or experience with ex-offenders is preferred.
- Ability to travel within city and surrounding communities. Select national travel also possible.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for developing and monitoring the Case Plans of individuals in the SOAR Reentry Program. The incumbent duties require close coordination, collaboration, tracking and monitoring of participants to ensure compliance with their service plans.
- Service a caseload of 25-30 active participants, all of which will be justice involved young adults.
- Provide individual case management sessions with all clients at regularly scheduled intervals.
- Conducts initial screening to determine the level of service and support needed.
- Develop individual case plans for all clients that identify barriers to successful reentry.
- Document all client contact and progress, including time and date, type of contact, outcome and plan of action.
- Provide or broker services to holistically address clients’ needs.
- Provide regular updates to the Program Manager.
- Attends program and agency related meetings and conferences.
- Works closely with the program funder in the collection of data, report writing and follow-up.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines, and within budget constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent public relations, community organizing, negotiation, mediation, conflict management and meeting facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the North Carolina Justice System and/or community resources with demonstrated experience working with justice involved young adults.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Demonstrate ability to inspire community participation and build coalitions.
- Computer literacy in word processing, email, internet and spreadsheets.
- Must have strong administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may have conflicting interests and opinions.
- Other duties as assigned.
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. OIC, Inc. recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.