DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
DURATION: Open until 09/02/2018
HIRING RANGE: $13.00 – $16.00/hour
LOCATION: Position will be located at state of the art, indoor sports/event center to be opened October 2018.
Located in Downtown Rocky Mount, NC.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree preferred
- Ambulatory health care/early childhood practice experience needed.
- Patient benefits/services coordinator experience necessary.
- Basic Accounting Principles and experience needed. Experienced in Federally Qualified Health Care
- Experience in urgent care environment useful.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Patient Services Representative at Downtown Health Center (DHC) is responsible for inputting complete, correct patient demographic information, updating all patient financial data, verifying and documenting patient benefits on each account within an urgent care environment. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
- Responsible for demographic, insurance and specific billing information taken directly from patient by registering new patients in the computer system and updating information on established patients for each visit. Includes obtaining required valid identification for all patients question, medifax and insurance verification through computer and by phone.
- Informs patients of income verification process and account status.
- Sets up patient charts with accurate information.
- Monitors patient and visitor traffic during clinic hours and assist patient representative with greeting all patients to expedite check in and check out process.
- Input encounter form charges accurately according to clinic collection policies including input of all applicable diagnosis codes and minimum fee charges when checking out patient.
- Responsible for balancing and preparing the deposit according to end of day reports for A/R while maintaining a cash drawer with adequate change to operate. Includes balancing all deposits to reports on scheduled evenings for all of medical front desk and submitting the deposit to accounting.
- Provides patient support and culturally competent services for at risk Hispanic population at the medical center
- Responsible for disseminating information to clients and visitors regarding services of the Medical Center and how to utilize these services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. OIC, Inc. recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.