JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner-Downtown Health Center
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
SALARY: Competitive with market industry
DURATION: Open until 9/2/2018
LOCATION: Position will be located at state of the art, indoor sports/event center to be opened October 2018. Located in Downtown Rocky Mount, NC.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience;
- 2 years’ experience in a Nurse Practitioner role is preferred.
- Urgent Care, Radiology, Physical Therapy.
- Experience in urgent care environment preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) PALS
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Nurse Practitioner at Downtown Health Center provides health care coordination for patients including assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status within an urgent care environment. Injuries addressed will be those requiring immediate medical attention, but not serious enough to require an Emergency Department visit (such as various sports related injuries, etc.). Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
- Functions independently to perform appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. OIC, Inc. recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.