Join Our Medical Team
Clinical Services Supervisor/Triage Nurse (RN)
JOB TITLE: Clinical Services Supervisor/Triage Nurse (RN)
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $60,000
DURATION: Open until 9/10/2018
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: 3 to 5 years clinical experience required. Supervisory experience is required. MS Office skills required.
Must be a Registered Nurse
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to communicate basics of health in Spanish a plus, if applicable, and English to patients and their family members.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Competency required in the areas of interpersonal communications, excellent verbal and written skills.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Clinical Services Supervisor/Triage Nurse Supervises and coordinates various clinical and administrative activities. Participates in the projects that OIC FMC has approved such as patient centered medical home and meaningful use. Collaborates with the Medical Director and the Quality Coordinator to identify clinical staff performance issues. Serves as a resource for clinical staff as new processes are developed and implemented, including technology-based processes. Provides patient presentation triage for new, existing call-in and walk-in patients. Initiates the visit based on severity of illness or episodic event, and other facility and patient barriers to care. Will coordinate all ingress and egress to and from OIC Medical Center-their Medical Home. The attest function of this position to is to assure continuity of care which is accountable by and to the various systems of care they interact with along with the highest level of quality and documentation. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
- Supervises and assigns tasks of the clinical medical assistance staff in expediting patient flow, care of patients, recording of patient data for quality charting and billing purposes. Also includes training and mentoring of staff as necessary.
- Manages day to day clinical activities of the medical centers. Provides evaluations as necessary and participates in corrective action process as necessary. Supervises patient appointments for nursing visits utilizing standing orders developed by the medical staff.
- Provides direct patient care if needed especially for mentoring activities as discussed with the Medical Director.
- Works with Patient Services Supervisors and Credentialing Specialist to onboard any new providers to arrange credentialing resource information as necessary.
- Coordinate staffing and coverage issues with the two medical sites with the front office supervisor of each site and the Medical Director.
- Coordinates physician/provider work activates with staff schedules and ensures that office space, supplies and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care. Maintains the on call schedule. Works to onboard any new physician/practitioner and arrange for credentialing, resources and tools necessary to support their work environment. All of these activities would be done by working with the Credentialing Specialist, Human Resources Director, the Practice Manager and the Medical Director.
- Works closely with the Quality Coordinator on continuous quality projects and special quality projects including PCMH, Meaningful Use, and PDSA activities.
- Works closely with the transition coordinators to identify barriers to smooth transition from acute care to outpatient care.
- Ensures that emergency equipment is checked regularly including the AED and the Adult and Pediatric Emergency kits. Works with designated Lead provider to ensure Triage schedule is developed, maintained and posted at both sites.
- Ensures routine testing of biomedical equipment.
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. OIC, Inc. recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.