Join Our Medical Team
JOB TITLE: Staff Physician
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
SALARY: To Be Determined
DURATION: Open until filled
OIC seeks a full‐time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to support the expansion and enhancement of our outpatient behavioral health program. While collaborating with each client’s primary care provider, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will assess clients and provide them treatment utilizing Evidence Based Practice.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine approved by the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association. Must be Board-certified or board-eligible in one of the following specialties: Family practice, internal medicine, or pediatrics.
- Must hold a current license to practice medicine in North Carolina and current ACLS certification by the American Heart Association, current state and federal DEA number.
LOAN REPAYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
As a federally qualified health center (FQHC), there may be resources to assist with the repayment of federal loans if the recipient practices within one of the following disciplines: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discusses test results or may prescribed treatments for patients.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Direct and coordinate activities of other medical staff.
- Trains other health care professionals.
- Prepare government or organizational reports which include birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or medical status of individuals.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plan activities.
- Participate in and/or serve on the QA Committee.
- Teach in-service training courses for staff as required.
- Supervise physician assistants as required by staffing and patient flow.
- Attend continuing education courses to maintain professional medical knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.