Join Our Medical Team
Radiology Laboratory Technician
JOB TITLE: Radiology Laboratory Technician
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
DURATION: Open until 07/05/2018
HIRING RANGE: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Radiologic Technology certification/diploma from college or technical school or BS degree in X-Ray technology or an Associate’s degree with at least 1 year experience or certificate with 2 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) and CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) will be required. AART (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) certification preferred.
Use of medical technologies, performing diagnostic procedures, quality focused, technical understanding, people skills, dependability, creating a safe, effective environment, radiology technology, analyzing information, multi-tasked, excellent communication, written and verbal, problem solver.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs simple, plain film x-rays for patients, as ordered by OIC, Inc. providers or specialist who provide services at OIC, Inc.’s FMC DCF location in a timely and efficient fashion following all related policies, procedures and protocols approved by the Medical Director and OIC Board of Directors.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide appropriate care according to the patient’s age while performing radiology
duties. Communicates x-ray procedure, assist patients as needed, and uses protective devices as required, as appropriate for all age groups. (Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric).
- Ensures ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable) radiation dose guidelines are maintained for the patient and technician per NC and Federal Regulations.
- Responsible for radiation dose records resulting from quarterly read personal film badges.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Enters each patient’s information in the computer prior to imaging and then enter all information needed to send x-rays over to off-site Radiologist.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Follows all privacy policies in accordance with OIC approved policies and procedures approved by the OIC Board of Directors,
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.