Join Our Medical Team
Quality Improvement Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Quality Improvement Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
SALARY RANGE: $40,000-$50,000
DURATION: Open until 9/10/2018
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a four-year degree in the healthcare field and a minimum of five years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A registered nursing degree is “preferred” for this position, which is attained by earning a bachelor’s degree in nursing or graduating from an accredited and approved nursing program.
This person should demonstrate project management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, highly developed computer skills, organizational skills, analytical reasoning, and the ability to think critically. This position requires a person who is a self-motivated, upbeat leader.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The quality improvement coordinator will perform onsite reviews regarding quality issues. They will then evaluate these reviews with the medical director or a quality improvement committee, depending on the organization. Other responsibilities include documenting and investigating complaints, reviewing administrative claims and data, gathering and compiling quality improvement reports, developing and implementing corrective action plans, recommending improvements to quality, and developing data outcome reports.
- Manage and report data required by federal, state and other agencies on a timely basis.
- Assist the Medical Director in the Quality Compliance and Improvement (QCI) process including arranging meetings, QCI activities and reports/minutes. Manage corporate compliance training related to HIPAA for staff, new hires and volunteers
- Monitor compliance hotline
- Oversee HIPAA walkthroughs to assure site compliance
- Investigate compliance and privacy issues and is responsible for delegating and/or requesting management assistance as necessary.
- Reporting HIPAA breaches to the NC Attorney General’s Office and the NC Department of Justice
- Maintain and track Business Associate Agreement from vendors
- Works with the clinical staff to assess workflows and policy/protocol development
- Responsible for developing methods for data collection and extracts data as required.
- Participate in staff and management meetings as related to QI activities. Assist with coordination of monthly quality improvement meetings.
- Prepare QI reports and statistical data.
- Provide in-service training to non-provider staff in the area of quality improvement.
- Review QI tools and surveys and provides technical assistance to staff.
- Assist with interim and annual UDS, PCMH and Meaningful Use reports.
- Attend conferences and training sessions as requested.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Analyze and monitor performance data to determine trends to reduce costs and improve patient services.
- Assist with inquiries by outside agencies during audits or reviews.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures to ensure quality patient services and compliance of professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. OIC, Inc. recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.