Join Our Medical Team
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
JOB TITLE: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Behavioral Health Services
SALARY: To Be Determined
DURATION: Open until filled
OIC seeks a full‐time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to support the expansion and enhancement of our outpatient behavioral health program. While collaborating with each client’s primary care provider, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will assess clients and provide them treatment utilizing Evidence Based Practice.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must hold Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant License with specialty training in Psychiatric Care and prefer 2 years of clinical care experience.
- Must hold registration and licensure with the NC Board of Medical Examiners.
- Active DEA controlled substance registration is required.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts psychiatric evaluation and formulates accurate diagnoses in accordance with the Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM).
- Manages prescribed medication, performs mental status examinations, develops and presents clear clinical impressions and recommendations that are specific and attainable.
- Provides therapeutic interventions appropriate to specific problems. Develops and documents clear clinical formulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of psychopathology and other behavioral health concerns and effective modalities of psychotherapeutic intervention. Triages clinical emergencies and implements program specific safety and consultation protocols.
- Utilizes best practices and evidenced based practice models where appropriate and adheres to model and program expectations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of internal and external levels of care, referral processes and resources.
- Makes clinically appropriate referrals for identified service needs in a timely manner.
- Communicates in a positive, effective manner with client, family, and all internal and external providers.
- Attends any required meetings and supervision.
- Meets direct service productivity goals as defined by program. Demonstrates knowledge of program/department/agency goals and target outcomes, and adheres to practice standards and to data collection and reporting protocols.
- Documents all client related information in compliance with agency policy.
- Attends and is prepared for scheduled supervision.
- Seeks additional supervision or consultation as needed and follows through with supervisory directives.
- Communicates in a professional, positive, and effective manner with all clients, families, and collaborating professionals.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.