Join Our Medical Team
Pharmacy Delivery Driver
JOB TITLE: Pharmacy Delivery Driver
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
REPORTS TO: Pharmacy Director/Director of Support Services
DURATION: Open until 10/10/2018
HIRING RANGE: $11.00 per hour
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience required.
- Valid North Carolina A, B, or C license with clean driving record (no more than 2 violations in the previous 18 months). Any violation is subject to individual review and subject to termination or disqualification to drive on behalf of the organization.
- Continuing compliance with North Carolina vehicle and traffic law including medical, vision and hearing test required per North Carolina regulations.
- Knowledge of local roadways and directions.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions and to communicate well with patients
- Maturity, stability, and willingness to accept responsibility
- Ability to perform tasks in conformance with established standards of excellence.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive vehicles to designated destination for customer product deliveries.
- Drive safely and deliver products within deadlines.
- Analyze delivery address, determine appropriate routes and maintain schedule.
- Report any accidents or injuries to Pharmacy Director immediately.
- Load and unload products from vehicle.
- Perform vehicle inspection such as checking fluid level and tire pressure.
- Notify supervisors about any major repairs and maintenance.
- Follow local and state driving laws and road regulations.
- Keep vehicle clean and safe at all times.
- Collect payments from customer at the time of delivery.
- Work with support team to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip.
- Adhere to company operating policies and procedures.
- Maintain a driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork.
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and/or hazardous products.
- Other duties as assigned
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workforce. OIC, Inc. recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.