DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
SALARY: To Be Determined
DURATION: Open until filled
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program. National Certification as a PA. Licensed to practice by the NC Board of Medical Examiners. Ongoing documented continuing education required.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct outpatient primary care to patients by performing diagnostic and therapeutic services to assist physician in diagnosing medical and health and prescribing necessary treatment for primary patient care; records pertinent data for review by physicians.
- Takes patient history; conducts physical exams, records data; writes progress notes and narrative summaries.
- Prescribes medication utilizing clinic formulary for outpatients as feasible and per physician assistant protocols.
- Act as the liaison with medical care resources when referral is needed per protocols
- Requisitions on and off-site lab and x-ray exams as needed per protocol.
- Participates in continuing education activities on- and off-site when appropriate and feasible.
- Participates in staff conferences to devise individual patient care plans, to revise and update clinic services, continuing quality improvement program and continuing education as appropriate.
- When there are no patients to be attended to, participates in patient related activities.
- Maintains appropriate medical certification as required by the NC Medical Board.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.