Join Our Medical Team
Community Outreach/Health Worker
JOB TITLE: Community Outreach/Health Worker
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
FLSA: Full-time; Non-Exempt
DURATION: Until Filled
HIRING RANGE: $14.00 – $17.00 per hour
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires graduation from an accredited two-year healthcare program with 2 to 3 years of experience or a closely related field. Must have Phlebotomy Certification and/or (CMA – AAMA). CPR/BLS. Experience with Microsoft Software Programs to include Microsoft Word, Excel and EClinicalWorks preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide outreach, education, and care coordination to at risk communities.
- Provide individuals with information regarding STI’s and supportive community resources.
- Collaborate with OIC primary care team to identify and assist patients in need of specialty care
- Provide chronic disease education
- Conduct home visits as necessary for patient population
- Ensure patients are referred and promptly scheduled for appropriate care following diagnosis
- Follow-up on referrals to ensure patients report for scheduled appointments
- Document all patient encounters and other statistical information as required by funding sources and per OIC-FMC processes and procedures.
- Perform blood draws as necessary
- Act as liaison between patients and other social service agencies as needed
- Assists in gathering and compiling data to help assess program effectiveness, increased or additional service needs, community resources, etc.
- Participate in community functions to enhance awareness of resources available through OIC-FMC
- Other duties as assigned
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Due to the volume of applications received, please do not contact the OIC Human Resources Department to check the status of an application, as we will be unable to provide this information over the phone. All applicants will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Jobs will be open for a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.