Join Our Medical Team
Certified Medical Assistant
JOB TITLE: Certified Medical Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
DURATION: Open until filled
HIRING RANGE: $13.50 – $15.00 per hour
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and MUST HOLD A CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CMA) CERTIFICATION. CPR/BLS certification is required.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs selected nursing and administrative duties, and assists physicians as part of the clinical care team
- Conducts pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient charts prior to appointment with recent test results and correspondence and determines needed services per practice protocol.
- Confers with physician regarding any incomplete patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders prior to patient visit.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment by escorting them from the waiting area to the exam room and taking histories, vital signs and chief complaint.
- Prepares, cleans and maintains sterile exam and treatment rooms.
- Gives injections and draws blood; assists with GYN exams and office procedures as needed; and provides other patient care services as directed by the physicians.
- Maintains sample medication records, administers medication upon physician order and responds to medication requests per practice protocol.
- Assist in the case management and referral function when necessary.
- Prepares and maintains clinical supplies and equipment.
- Triages and responds to patient communications within practice policy.
- Coordinates care with disease management or case management programs as needed.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Creates, maintains, copies and files patient files, records and other information as needed.
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
- Treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect.
- Call in prescription per PA/FNP/MD orders.
- Maintains adequate inventory of medication supplies.
- Assist in assuring quality performance goals and objectives are met.
- Receives telephone calls, answers inquiries, and/or refers questions to appropriate staff members.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Adheres to current Privacy regulations and organization policies regarding protected Patient Health Information (PHI) for all patients. Reports any variances from regulations immediately to their Medical Director and Deputy Director.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.