Join Our Medical Team
Behavioral Health Clinician
JOB TITLE: Behavioral Health Clinician
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Behavioral Health Services
FLSA: Full-time; Exempt
DURATION: Open until filled
HIRING RANGE: $45,000-&65,000
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or closely related field. Must hold a current LCSW, or Psychologist license in the State of North Carolina.
Loan Repayment Opportunities
As a federally qualified health center (FQHC), there may be resources to assist with the repayment of federal loans if the recipient practices within one of the following disciplines:
Primary Care Physician (MD or DO), Dentist (DDS or DMD), Primary Care Certified Nurse Practitioner (NP), Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM), Primary Care Physician Assistant (PA), Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH), Health Service Psychologist (HSP), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Psychiatric Nurse Specialist (PNS), Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), and Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). To learn more about this program please visit the National Health Service Corp program at http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/
Familiarity and comfort working with issues related to homelessness, substance abuse, mental health diagnosis, and history of trauma with experience in the following areas:
- psychosocial assessment, individual therapy, group therapy, short‐term, evidence‐based counseling and crisis intervention
Must have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse individuals.
- Two years of experience in a health care setting, working directly with individuals
- Experience working in the medical social work or community mental health field
- Knowledge of Integrated Behavioral Health in the community healthcare system
- Knowledge of federal, state, and county regulations for FQHCs
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide mental health screenings and initial assessments to medically‐referred and other clients.
- Provide short‐term, structured, evidence‐based psychotherapy as part of an appropriate treatment plan.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the primary care providers to improve health outcomes.
- Facilitate referrals to other services (e.g. substance abuse treatment, specialty care and community resources as needed.
- Work closely with Clinical Psychiatrist on challenging cases.
- Provide clinical therapeutic services to patients, including individual and group therapy and coordination of treatment for participants with co-occurring disorders.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Work to meet patient needs effectively and resolve individual barriers through follow‐up, advocacy, and collaboration with OIC staff and other community service providers.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activities and services provided to each client.
- Participate in and/or facilitate team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.