Join Our Medical Team
Clinical Medical Assistant (School Based Health)
JOB TITLE: Clinical Medical Assistant (School Based Health)
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
SALARY: $13.50 – $16.00/hour
DURATION: Open until 08/07/2018
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires graduation from an accredited two-year Medical Assistant program and 1 of year experience or graduation from LPN, or RN. Must hold the Certified Medical Assistant certification (CMA – AAMA).
- Experience in a Behavioral Health environment with children (grades K-5) preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Certification required to demonstrate competency in the performance of duties specific to infant, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
- Must be knowledgeable of HIV, and Sexual Transmitted Diseases and CPR certification is preferred.
- Maintain Confidentiality;
- Good computer skills;
- Well organized with good oral and written communications skills.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs Clinical and Administrative duties as they pertain outpatient clinical care within a School Based Health Center. Serve dual role as CMA and front desk. Assists with medical procedures and tests in conjunction with patient visits and assists the Physician/Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner/Consultant. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
- Triage patient
- Escorts patients to exam room, and prepare patient for exam
- Obtains patient history and chief complaint
- Obtain lab specimens, give injections and performs routine medical tests
- Make referral appointments
- Provide patient education
- Call in prescription per PA/FNP/MD orders
- Performs light housekeeping chores
- Maintains adequate inventory of medication supplies
- Places pharmacy order
- File patient information in medical record
- Assist in assuring goals and objectives are met
- Receives telephone calls, answering inquiries, an/or refers questions to appropriate staff members
- Giving immunizations to children
- Drawing blood for children
- Performs other related duties as assigned
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.