JOB TITLE: Clinical Medical Assistant – Downtown Health Center
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Health Services
SALARY: $13.50 – $16.00/hour
DURATION: Open until 09/02/2018
LOCATION: Position will be located at state of the art, indoor sports/event center to be opened October 2018. Located in Downtown Rocky Mount, NC.
- Requires graduation from an accredited two-year Medical Assistant program and 1 of year experience or graduation from LPN, or RN. Must hold the Certified Medical Assistant certification (CMA – AAMA).
- Experience in urgent care environment preferred.
- Certification required to demonstrate competency in the performance of duties specific to infant, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
- Must be knowledgeable of HIV, and Sexual Transmitted Diseases and CPR certification is preferred.
- Maintain Confidentiality;
- Good computer skills;
- Organized with good oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in a clinic practice is preferred.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Clinical Medical Assistant at Downtown Health Center performs clinical duties as they pertain to outpatient urgent care. Assists with medical procedures and tests in conjunction with patient visits and assists the Physician/Physician Assistant within an urgent care environment. Position will participate in QI activities as needed.
- Triage patient
- Escorts patients to exam room, and prepare patient for exam
- Obtains patient history and chief complaint
- Obtain lab specimens, give injections and performs routine medical tests
- Make referral appointments
- Provide patient education
- Call in prescription per PA/FNP/MD orders
- Performs light housekeeping chores
- Maintains adequate inventory of medication supplies
- Places pharmacy order
- File patient information in medical record
- Assist in assuring goals and objectives are met
- Receives telephone calls, answering inquiries, an/or refers questions to appropriate staff members
- Giving immunizations to children
- Drawing blood for children
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.