Join Our Training Team
JOB TITLE: Accounting Supervisor
FLSA: Full-Time, Exempt
SALARY: $40,000 – $50,000 anually
DURATION: Open until 04/29/2019
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree from a two-year college or university; a minimum of four years’ experience handling vendors/finances and supervision of staff; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: MS Office, familiarity with intermediate accounting and bookkeeping procedures, QuickBooks, Abila or other accounting software packages. Previous supervisory experience a plus.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Good typing skills, attentive to details and accuracy; organized, ability to effectively communicate with staff and resolve issues, good oral and written communications skills
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. All applications will be reviewed and those deemed most qualified will be contacted for interview. Please do not call the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application. Jobs will be open a maximum of 30 days from initial posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the Finance Staff with Accounts Payable as the main function for this role, which includes entering, updating and maintaining accounts payable files for all vendors and financial documents.
- Process account payables daily and follow up on vendor balance/statement discrepancies.
- File and maintain financial records and documentation.
- Ensure appropriate approvals of check requests/vendor invoices according to Authorization and Contract management policy.
- Responsible for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Schedule timely payments to vendors and approval of payroll in coordination with Cash flow projection.
- Daily Supervision of AR Analyst, AP Analyst and Accounting Assistant.
- Responsible for timely and accurate filing of annual 1099 reports to IRS.
- Responsible for timely renewal and documentation of Insurance policies.
- Back up to preparation and filing of sales tax reports semi-annually
- Assist Corporate Controller in the inter-company transfer of funds to the payroll bank account.
- Backup AR Analyst in all tasks related to Accounts receivable and reporting.
- Assist the Controller/Office Manager with financial audits.
- Assist in month-end close. Analyze the general ledger verifying all expenses and revenues are accounted for.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by Corporate Controller and CFO.
Equal Opportunity Employer
OIC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OIC, Inc. offers equal opportunities to applicants and employees and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation and/or any other status protected by law.
OIC, Inc. is committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling OIC, Inc.’s vision and goals.
Thank you for your interest in employment with OIC, Inc.
At OIC, our attentive staff is available Monday through Friday to assist you or answer your questions.
402 E. Virginia Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27802
Questions, Comments or Complaints?
The form below is for general comments, concerns, praises and complaints. All fields are required.
Note: Please do not send questions about medications, medical conditions, appointments, labwork, etc. through this form or by email. For clinical questions including medications, lab results and appointments, please use our Patient Portal.